Re: [exim] Multiple Spool directories (not split_spool_direc…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kirill Miazine
To: ShaunR
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Multiple Spool directories (not split_spool_directory)
* ShaunR [2010-01-11 10:21]:
> > WHY????
>
>* I'd like to restrict each user to only be able to spool so many messages.

Like, per hour?

>* I'd like each user to have a disk quota

Then you don't only need separate spools, you also need to run exim as
separate users.

>* wanted to easily be able to see how many messages a user owns in the
>queue.

You have list of domains that a particular user owns. So, you list the
messages in the queue, pick out those messages which are addressed to
those domains and count them.

>* wanted to easily be able to force delivery to only that users queue.

You have list of domains that a particular user owns. So, you list the
messages in the queue, pick out those messages which are addressed to
those domains and ask exim to deliver those messages.

>Manly for management, i know this is a odd ball setup, if you guys have
>any better ideas I'm all ears. I'm not stuck on this setup.

You say, a better approach? Just some thoughts of the top of my had. I'm
not saying better, but at least different and IMHO *a lot* easier to
manage.

I'd try to deliver to the primary host first and if this fails, I'd
*deliver* the message in a local mailbox or maildir, which would belong
to a given user. That mailbox/maildir would be the spool. Then I'd have
a process that periodically tries to deliver messages in the
mailbox/maildir.

This setup I described gives you ability to enforce quota
(count+storage), count messages and deliver them.

--
     -- Kirill Miazine <km@???>