[exim] Problem setting directory mode

Top Pagina
Auteur: David Mitchell
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] Problem setting directory mode
Greetings,

I'm using Exim on a Debian stable system and am having a configuration
problem. I'm trying to deliver email to a maildir location in a users
.forward file using the filter syntax. It all works fine, but the newly
created directories end up with mode 0700. As I would like these to be
shared directories, I want to specify mode 0750. I've tried setting the
'directory_mode' configuration option to no avail. It just seems to have
no effect at all. I (think) I've verified it's set with the following.
Is there something I'm missing? Should I expect this to work? Thanks in
advance.

$ exim4 -bP transport maildir_home | grep mode
directory_mode = 0750
lockfile_mode = 0600
mode = 0640
no_mode_fail_narrower

| David Mitchell (mitchell@???)       Network Engineer IV  |
| Tel: (303) 497-1845                      National Center for  |
| FAX: (303) 497-1818                      Atmospheric Research |