[exim] callout strangness migrating to lenny...

Página Inicial
Autor: Marco Gaiarin
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] callout strangness migrating to lenny...

I'm migrating from debian etch (exim 4.63-17) to lenny (4.69-9) in my
organization, and i've hit a strange thing, i think.

I've exim in my firewalls, that act simply as email gateway to the
internal server; gateway systems do some RBL check and use callout to
prevent dictionary attacks and unneeded bounces.
All mail are forwarded to internel server or to the ISP smtp gateway.

I've migrated the internal server to lenny, and suddenly after that
callback stop working, external exim server accept mail and then
forward to internat that bounce it.
Not that i've not touched at all the gateway system, no one 'comma' of
the exim config file was modified.

I'm a bit confused because AFAI've understood callout have to be
configured on calling system, no on called system...

What i can have break in the internal lenny server to make callout
fail?

Many thanks.

--
  ...di una locomotiva, come cosa viva
  lanciata a bomba contro l'ingiustizia            (F. Guccini)