Re: [exim] Help with error message

Autor: Mike Cardwell
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Help with error message
On 08/01/2010 14:21, Stefan Onken wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some problems with getting a lot of entries in the panic log:
>
> 2010-01-08 14:54:09 1NTE6T-0004SH-87 == user@domain
> R=mysql_user T=local_mysql_delivery_dovecot defer (-25): Failed to expand
> headers_add or headers_remove: error in expression evaluation: expecting
> number or opening parenthesis (after processing "")
> 2010-01-08 14:54:09 1NTAYL-0003pm-Dr == user@domain
> R=mysql_user T=local_mysql_delivery_dovecot defer (-25): Failed to expand
> headers_add or headers_remove: error in expression evaluation: expecting
> number or opening parenthesis (after processing "")
>

> if I understand this message correctly it seems to be a problem with
> "headers_add" or "headers_remove" which are used in my config (based on
> http://struction.de/projects/HOWTO_VirtualMail_Exim-MySQL-Spamassassin-ClamAV-Dovecot/config/exim/exim.conf).
>
> My config looks like: http://pastebin.com/m1ecc57ae
>
> a full config can be downloaded here:
> http://www.stonki.de/fileadmin/files/exim4/exim4.conf
>
> any idea what causes the problem? Thank you!

The error message states that it's expecting either a a number or an
opening parenthesis after headers_add. Yours starts with a double
quotation mark:

headers_add = "X-Spam-Threshold

You can't have the email header:

Remove the surrounding double quotes and that will probably sort that
particular problem.

--
Mike Cardwell    : UK based IT Consultant, LAMP developer, Linux admin
Cardwell IT Ltd. : UK Company - http://cardwellit.com/       #06920226