Re: [exim] 2GB limitation on Solaris

Autor: Renaud Allard
A: Juan Bernhard
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assumpte: Re: [exim] 2GB limitation on Solaris
Hello Juan,

Juan Bernhard wrote:
> Hi John, thanks for your answer, but Solaris 10 (this problem was on
> Solaris 9) can handle larger files than 2gb, the restriction isn't on
> the ufs. The first thing I tried was '$cat 500mb-file >> 2gb-file'
> (with the same permission that the user) and worked fine.
>
> I really need to know what "defer (27)" means, so I can start looking to
> that. I couldn't find this on the user manual.

Defer means the sending MTA receives a 4xx error message, which is a
temporary error. So the sending MTA should send that mail again in the
future.
This is well described in the manual, you should probably download the
PDF version of the manual, which is easily searchable. There is also an
online version where you can make searches, but I don't remember how to
access it right now.