Re: [exim] newbie - error 550 relay not permitted

Autor: Dave Evans
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] newbie - error 550 relay not permitted
On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 12:59:28PM +0100, mierdatutis mi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've configured well my account to can send mail from my ubuntu to external
> accounts. I only have to install exim and modify a file called
> passwd.client.
>
> Everythink it's ok but when I try to configure to put my SMPT ISP Server, I
> change the passwd.cleint writing the line:
> smtp.gmail.com:peluca35@???:L3qwpok3

Firstly: you probably want to change your password, now you've posted it to
this (public) list. Unless that's not your real password.

Secondly: I think you want that line in passwd.client to start with the server
in question (namely smtp.jazztel.es), not smtp.gmail.com. What's happening is
that your Exim is connecting to smtp.jazztel.es, not authenticating (because
your passwd.client doesn't include any credentials for smtp.jazztel.es), then
smtp.jazztel.es says "relay not permitted", presumably because the connection
is not authenticated.

Regards,

--
Dave Evans