Re: [exim] *Suspect* Re: Exim + Dovecot deliver overquota pr…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Temas antigos: Re: [exim] Exim + Dovecot deliver overquota problems
Asunto: Re: [exim] *Suspect* Re: Exim + Dovecot deliver overquota problems
Ken Price wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 09:25:14 +0000, Mike Cardwell

*snip*

> ...... Now, if only I can get Dovecot's Deliver/LDA to mimic
> Exim's quota_is_inclusive behavior and I'll be a happy man.
>
> Thanks!
> -Ken Price

Ken,

'If at first you don't succeed... cheat!'

- Provide a fudge-factor to the measured quota (available less current message
size or available less max-incoming message size) ... to whichever daemon needs
the adjustment in order to stay out of trouble. ELSE, actually allow a modest
over-qouta of 'enough' space to render the difference insignificant in daily use.

CAVEAT: Not tested.

With heaviest-IMAP users at under 3 GB growth per annum, and upgrading HDD about
every 3 years for Preventive Maintenance, the rate of growth in mass-market HDD
sizes has so far outstripped the rate of growth in user storage.

Here, anyway, the admin time would cost more than the larger HDD by two orders
of magnitude, if not three.

Your Mileage Obviously Varies

;-)

Bill