Re: [exim] Exim + Dovecot deliver overquota problems

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Mike Cardwell
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim + Dovecot deliver overquota problems
On 05/01/2010 06:06, Ken Price wrote:

> Can we process overquota scenarios in the SMTP session for these basic
> 1-to-1 recipients? YES! Oh sweet simplicity, YES! BUT. Who among us
> only has this simple setup? If you do, then you're not my audience and
> just stop reading. In the real world, don't we also have an alias
> "jim@???" that points to "jimsmith@???"? Maybe we also
> have domain1.NET which is a domain alias of domain1.com. MAYBE
> "jimsmith@???" is also a forward to his
> "jimsmith@???" account also residing on the server. So,
> again, I ask you, "Do you really think you can gracefully check and
> deny/defer based on the RCPT in the SMTP session?" When the RCPT is
> "jim@???" which forwards to "jimsmith@???" which forwards
> to "jimsmith@???". Where the only account with a maildir
> and a corresponding quota is "jimsmith@???"? How many
> layers of recursion are necessary? You have to check this for every
> incoming RCPT, so how many CPU cycles are you wasting? How complex is this
> ACL Macro? How inefficient?!

It's much easier than you think. All you have to do is this in each of
the routers which rewrites the address:

address_data = $local_part@$domain

Then after you've done a "verify = recipient" in your rcpt acl you'll
find that $address_data contains the final address.

--
Mike Cardwell    : UK based IT Consultant, LAMP developer, Linux admin
Cardwell IT Ltd. : UK Company - http://cardwellit.com/       #06920226