Re: [exim] exim4 filter won't deliver as requested

Autor: Anthony Campbell
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim4 filter won't deliver as requested
On 03 Jan 2010, W B Hacker wrote:
> > Icidentally, reading up on procmail I see that it will apparently
> > forward mail, using "! user@???". Perhaps I should try that
> > before going deeper into exim.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Anthony
> >

> I suspect your use even of procmail may be 'overkill' - or at the least,
> 'parallel' to what you could do in Exim just as easily - so you may find moving
> to an all-within-Exim solution less work than first appears.
>
> One of the niceties is that you can easily take one situation at a time. Another
> is the rich toolset in place for testing, debugging, logging, and analysis.
> Arguably the best such toolset in the business, and well worth becoming (more)
> familiar with.
>
> YMMV, of course - BUT .. procmail or 'milter' use WITH Exim are relatively
> uncommon situations largely because Exim just doesn't need the externals and -
> over time - most of us who HAVE used them are too lazy to try to stay 'current'
> with multiple sets of semantics and behaviours - more especially if they don't
> need looked at but a few times a year and we have to retrain ourselves at each go.
>
> Best,
>
> Bill

Well, it's the devil you know, I suppose - procmail in my case. But if
you can point me to where I would find information about making the kind
of switch you suggest, that would be useful and I could take it in
gradually.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@???