Re: [exim] Spool collecting but not sending

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Frank DeChellis DSL
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Spool collecting but not sending

> On 2010-01-02 at 08:07 -0500, Frank DeChellis wrote:
>> Thanks for the tip. So I ran it in debug, it starts the queue-runner every
>> minute with no error messages. And the messages remain in the queue until I
>> run a manual -qff to send the messages.
>>
>> Is there a setting that tells queue-runner where the queue is? I ask
>> because thereis one message in the log below that says "privilege lost for
>> -C" .
>
> Privilege lost: you need to invoke as root (loosely speaking), because
> otherwise it becomes dangerous for a setuid program to be pointed at an
> arbitrary config file.
>
> Where the queue is: yes, spool_directory.
>
> A (hopefully) useful tip when you're moving things: exim -bP | grep
>
> exim -bP prints all the main configuration options and their values
> (unless hidden, in which case you need to be an admin user to see them).
> It has various sub-options to list transports, etc. It prints the
> current value, even if not explicitly configured, so will show defaults.
>
> So if you're relocating the spool from /var/spool/exim and the logs from
> /var/log/exim then:
>
> $ exim -bP | egrep '/var/(spool|log)/exim'

Thanks for your time Phil.

This is what I get with exim -bP for the second server:

log_file_path = /var/log/exim2/exim_%slog
spool_directory = /var/spool/exim2

For now I set exim -qff to run every 5 minutes through cron.

Is this assumption correct? if exim -qff with the new config file works,
the permissions are set correctly in the spool and log files? And if the
permissions were incorrect, exim could not write to the spool directory.

Frank

Frank DeChellis
Internet Access Worldwide
3 East Main Street    Welland, Ontario, Canada    L3B 3W4
905-714-1400     fax 905-732-0524
www.iaw.com