Re: [exim] upgrade to 4.71

Autor: Phil Pennock
A: Terry
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] upgrade to 4.71
On 2010-01-01 at 18:04 +0000, Terry wrote:
> I am running 4.69 and thinking of upgrading to the 4.71 just wanted to
> check if there are any problems. I am on Freebsd 7.1
> Thought I would ask before going ahead

If you're using DomainKeys and you publish a domainkeys signing policy
that says you sign mail, then you'll need to remove that ahead of time,
because DomainKeys support is not included (in Experimental) from 4.70
onwards. DKIM is supported instead (full support, not Experimental).

Otherwise, should just be a regular upgrade and includes a bug-fix
you'll want before upgrading to FreeBSD 8, to keep from having Exim keep
consuming all available memory (Berkeley DB API issue, change in default
behaviour in FreeBSD 8 exposed an API mis-use by Exim).

-Phil