[exim] Spool collecting but not sending

Author: Frank DeChellis DSL
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Spool collecting but not sending
Hi there,

Happy New Year from Canada!

We are using Exim 4.67.

I have one instance of it running on our native IP and port 25 and it runs
great, and has for years.

I just setup another instance of it on the same server with a different IP
address and port number. The new install on port 999 has it's own log and
spool directory.

We just copied the config file form the orginal exim install, specified
the different directories, IP and port number.

When we use it to send mail the message is collected by Exim, placed into
the new spool directory and just sits there.

When I telnet to that IP and port exim answers fine.

Before I setup the separate spool and log directory, it was sending email
with the different port and IP using the same log and spool directories
as the other exim, but I didn't feel comfortabel with that setup.

Do I need to tell exim where the messages are being queued waiting to be
sent?

Thanks
Frank

Frank DeChellis
Internet Access Worldwide
3 East Main Street    Welland, Ontario, Canada    L3B 3W4
905-714-1400     fax 905-732-0524
www.iaw.com