Re: [exim] 421 SMTP incoming data timeout - Message body lac…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Brent Bloxam
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] 421 SMTP incoming data timeout - Message body lacks '\n'
On 2009-12-21 at 19:35 -0500, Brent Bloxam wrote:
> Dedicated mail server, only path is through the inbound queue-only Exim
> daemon. Spam is processed with Mailscanner, and while it's entirely
> possible the reason there's no newline on the spool file is because of
> it, I'm weary of that being the case as there's plenty of other spam
> making it through ;)

See, if we take that literally, that the only paht is the inbound
daemon, then that means that the mail has to have come in via SMTP.
Which means there *must* have been a CRLF.CRLF to end the mail (or NL.NL
if client is not using CRLF) because otherwise the mail doesn't finish
being accepted and so can't go into the spool.

If you submit with { sendmail <recipient> } and finish the body with
Ctrl-D Ctrl-D on a non-empty line, to get through a mail without a
trailing newline, then Exim repairs it.

Is Mailscanner doing any kind of "cleaning" of the content, or putting
stuff directly into Exim's queue?

-Phil