Re: [exim] google postini services and exim

Góra strony
Autor: Brent Jones
Dla: Francesco Pasqualini
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] google postini services and exim
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Francesco Pasqualini <frapas@???> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm an happy exim user.
> I'm considering to use the google "postini" services as antispam solution
> for the exim server I administer for a customer...
>
> Is exim  supported ?
>
> http://www.google.com/support/appsecurity/bin/answer.py?answer=91332
>
> "*Supported Mail Servers*: The service supports all common mail servers,
> including Microsoft Exchange Server, Lotus Domino, Postfix, Sendmail,
> Macintosh OS X Server, and Novell Groupwise. "
>
> Is there somebody that already  tried the google antispam solution with
> exim4?
>
> thanks
> --

I've used Postini services in the past with a wide variety of mail servers.
While Postini won't even know what an "Exim" is, it will certainly
work just perfect.

While you're at it, I'd suggest locking down your Exim to only accept
mail from Postini's IP ranges, and a small subset of trusted hosts on
your network. Will cut down on the amount of traffic wasted by you
having to accept connections from hosts not using MX records.

--
Brent Jones
brent@???