[exim] appended domain name irregularties sending from comma…

Autor: Andy Smith
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] appended domain name irregularties sending from command line
Hi,

I have two exim servers, with the exim config copied from the old
server to the new server. The only difference in the configure file is
the SYSID.
On the old server if I send email from the command line (ie pipe into
mail) the domain name appended is something like andy@???
which is the host as it is defined in the exim config (mx0 as opposed
to the actual hostname). On the new system when sending mail it
appears as andy@??? (id like it to appear as
andy@???, mx3.mydomain.com is the SYSID from my exim
config).

The prob is that the address wont verify when in format using the hostname,
ie:

exim -bv a.smith@???
2009-12-16 14:53:30 [1204] remote host address is the local host:
hostname.mydomain.com (while routing <a.smith@???>)

The other principal difference between my servers are, one is FreeBSD
7.0 and the other is FreeBSD 8.0.
I appreciate this is probably more OS related than Exim related, but
perhaps someone has an idea as to why the behaviour is different?

thanks in advance, Andy.