Re: [exim] Exim and SPF

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mike Cardwell
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim and SPF
On 15/12/2009 12:33, Christian Balzer wrote:

>> There is plenty of documentation on how to use DKIM and BATV in Exim.
>> "SES" I've never heared of. What's that?
>>
> SES (Signed Envelope Sender) is a variation (from what I can recall, really
> a parallel development, maybe slightly earlier) of BATV. We're using it
> here and amazingly enough Google finds our crappy PR blabber way way
> before the actual URL on which I based our implementation:
>
> http://www.tldp.net/HOWTO/Spam-Filtering-for-MX/exim-sign.html

The example they provide looks dangerous to me:

return_path    = $sender_address_local_part=$local_part=$domain=\
                    ${hash_8:${hmac{md5}{SECRET}{${lc:\
                      $sender_address_local_part=$local_part=$domain}}}}\
                    @$sender_address_domain

Local parts in email addresses have a maximum length of 64 characters,
yet that could easily expand to something considerably larger than 64
characters...

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/