Re: [exim] Exim and SPF

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mike Cardwell
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim and SPF
Ian Eiloart wrote:

>> Is anyone using SPF in Exim? I'm still trying to figure out a use for it.
>
> If you do sender address whitelisting, you should insist on an SPF pass
> first. 60% of the email that we deliver today has an SPF pass. Most of the
> rest is from domains without SPF records.

That 60% figure surprised me. Seemed quite high. So I just scanned my
mail logs for unique sender envelope domains of mail classified as ham,
for the past 10 days. I then did TXT record lookups on the lot of them.

146 out of 242 of them have SPF records. Which is *exactly* 60% here
too... I repeated the experiment for the past 100 days and it was 51%.
SPF is more widely adopted than I realised...

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/