[exim] implementing a delayed delivery host

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: paul.osborne
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] implementing a delayed delivery host
Afternoon all,

I am going through the hoops of upgrading our mail routing
infrastructure, and one thing that occurred to me which could be useful
would be a delayed delivery host, I suspect there is a sensible name but
that is the best I came up with in the spur of the moment.

My thoughts are that since my MXs talk to multiple mail stores locally
it could be useful if it were not possible to do a mail delivery
immediately because say our Exchange server was unavailable then the
mail could automagically be sent onto another host and spool there quite
happily. The theory being that once the downed system does come back to
life the delayed delivery host can just unload the email at leisure with
no adverse performance on the MXs.

Anyway I have peered through the Exim manual and may be suffering from
wood from the trees syndrome as I cannot see an obvious way to implement
this, so it is either ridiculously simple or hard. :) Thoughts are
welcome.

Many thanks

Paul

--