Re: [exim-dev] compilation failure of 4.70 and 4.71 on HP-UX…

Author: Marc Beyer
To: Marc Beyer, exim-dev, Tom Kistner
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] compilation failure of 4.70 and 4.71 on HP-UX-11.31
Hi Phil,

thanks for your answer!

> There's a GCC-ism in src/pdkim/bignum.h which is not wrapped by a check
> for GCC.
>
> Do you know how to get a 128-bit integer on your platform?

Unfortunately not :-/

> You "just" need to replace that line with a typedef which lets t_dbl be
> a 128-bit int.
>
> Perhaps int128_t or __int128_t exists, via <stdint.h> ?

Neither of these exist in /usr/include/stdint.h .

> Otherwise, if you can't get a 128 bit int, I think (but am not sure)
> that you need to drop t_int down to 32 bits. I've only glanced over it,
> but it looks like things will just work after that.

If I simply replace the line with

typedef unsigned int t_dbl;

the compile goes through fine. Is that what you meant?

We won't be using pdkim (for now at least), so if that part of the code
doesn't work properly it won't be of any great concern to us.

Thanks for your help,

Marc