[pcre-dev] CUDA implementations of PCRE

Author: Kristopher Kubicki
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] CUDA implementations of PCRE
Hi Philip, et al,

Thank you for your excellent work on PCRE. I am working to advance the
performance of regular expressions in the context of data mining and one
thing that particularly piques my interest is offloading regular expressions
onto commodity graphics processors. There are a few groups that have proven
that DFAs can take advantage of the massively threaded nature of SIMD
architectures, and it looks like NVIDIA's newest processor will actually use
MIMD kernels.

Does anyone have knowledge of PCRE working on CUDA and any particular best
practices? So far the most concrete documents I've read revolve around the
"gnort" team's use of PCRE on CUDA, though I do not believe this source code
is publically available.

Thanks!

Kristopher