Re: [exim] Block mails sent to a spacific address

Author: Vaidya nathan
To: awd
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Block mails sent to a spacific address
Thanks for your response. Actually i'm running Exim on Cygwin in windows.

The mails are submitted locally to Exim.

Other point i forgot to say is that i need to allow mails to all other IDs of the domain example.com except abc@???.

But I hope the below entry would actually block sending mails to example.com.

reject_user:

driver = redirect

domains = example.com

allow_fail

data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/path/to/above/file}}

And can I just freez the mail instead of fail

abc: :freez:

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:50:48 +0530 wrote

>Vaidya nathan wrote:

> Hi

> I've exim version 4.69 running on WindowsXP.

Interesting, I had no idea there was a port to windows.

> This is currently configured as a SMTP transfer agent for a specific application. Exim uses a specific SMTP account on the external hosted mail server

with which it just transfers all mails to it.

> Now the question is that i need to just block mails from Exim sent to a specific mail address.

> I'm not sure how to use filters to do this. moreover my setup is on Windows & most of the document on the internet explains steps for linux.

> Please help.

99% of the steps for setting up exim on linux would apply to windows

except for installation.

Assuming that the email address you want to block is blah@???

If the email is being delivered to exim via SMTP and not submitted

locally then placing the following in the rcpt acl section will block

that address.

deny domains = example.com

local_parts = blah

    message = This address is blocked

If its submitted locally,

create a file and place the following line into it.

blah: :fail: This address is blocked

Then place the following router at the top of the routers section.

reject_user:

driver = redirect

domains = example.com

allow_fail

data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/path/to/above/file}}

HTH

cya

Andrew