[exim] ACL Question

Author: Joe Doehler
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] ACL Question
I have been using Exim for 10+ years as a hobbyist, but I have never
touched the ACL until this week: I have been doing all my filtering in
"local_scan()". My first try at using the ACL does not work. Because all
the outgoing mail from my domain originates from a local network, I am
trying to deny mail with the following properties:
- Source from public IP addresses
- And return address that uses my domain name, that I consider spoofed.

In the "acl_check_rcpt" section, I write:
deny    message = Some message
        domains = +local_domains
        hosts   = !+relay_from_hosts

What results from this is that all mail from public IP addresses is
denied - not the intent. I am missing something elementary, but I do not
know what it is. Help would be appreciated.

If this helps, here is the list definition:

domainlist local_domains = @ : localhost : mylastname.us :
localhost.localdomain
domainlist relay_to_domains =
hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : 192.168.1.0/8

TIA - Joe.