Re: [exim] documentation lookup for SMTP AUTH with (from_ema…

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] documentation lookup for SMTP AUTH with (from_email, login, pass)
On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 03:15:51PM +0300, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I woul like to use SMTP AUTH but not only with (login, pass) AUTH key
> but with (from_email, login, pass).

The from_email address (whatever that is) isn't available at SMTP AUTH time,
so you'll have to:

* include the from_email in the login credentials (e.g.
login=bob@???)
and/or
* have the AUTH use login+pass and then add an ACL which validates that
from_email is allowed for this authenticated_id.

I suspect the list archives include examples of both.

Regards,

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/