[exim] Custom retry bounce messages

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [exim] Custom retry bounce messages
Hi,

I was making some modifications to a third parties Exim system last
night and came across something I couldn't solve. There is a retry rule
for a specific type of error which has no retry times meaning it bounces
immediately. The bounce messages looks like this:

   local_part@domain
     retry timeout exceeded

Is it possible for me to customise that response? "retry timeout
exceeded" is technically correct, but it doesn't explain why the
"timeout" was reached, and I'd like to add further information...

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/