Re: [pcre-dev] hang running configure on redhat AS2.1

Author: Craig Silverstein
To: Todd Rinaldo
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] hang running configure on redhat AS2.1
} g++ -o conftest -O2 -Wl,-
} i__ZN7pcrecpp6no_argE:__ZN7pcrecpp2RE6no_argE conftest.cpp >&5
}
} The hang is actually in the underlying ld command being
} called. Redhat AS2.1 uses GCC 2.96 I cannot re-produce this hang on
} other gcc 2.96 systems.

Weird. I wonder why it's hanging on your system. I don't know if
it's a problem with your configuration, with redhat as2.1 in
particular, or with some subset (as yet undetermined) of all gcc 2.96
systems.

This particular test will only ever be true for OS X, as far as I
know, so there's probably a way to detect we're on redhat, and disable
the check then. But I'd rather not add that complexity unless we can
confirm it's more widespread than just your machine.

craig