Re: [exim] Testing Exim 4.70 prerelease

Author: Todd Rinaldo
To: exim-dev
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Testing Exim 4.70 prerelease

Tom Kistner, 2009-10-13 17:38:

> The release of Exim 4.70 is on the horizon. A lot of stuff has

Concerning PCRE, We generate exim RPMs for many platforms. We made a
decision to compile PCRE in staticly due to the fact that PCRE just
isn't going to be consistently available on some of the older platforms.

I had to use the --disable-cpp option with PCRE's configure in order
to prevent a linker hang on Redhat AS 2.1, which uses gcc 2.96. This
doesn't seem to be an across the board problem for gcc 2.96, but I
thought I'd let everyone know in the event someone else is banging
their head against that paticular wall.

Exim 4.70 is now compiling for us on:
32bit:
caos/2