Re: [exim] Preventing Authenticated Users From Sending As Ot…

Author: Frank Heydlauf
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Preventing Authenticated Users From Sending As OtherAccounts
On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:26:42AM +0200, David Saez Padros wrote:
> Hi
>
> >> deny  authenticated = *
> >>        condition     = ${if eqi{$authenticated_id}{$sender_address}}
> >>        message       = You are not authorized to use $sender_address

> > ... and you probably will get lots of support-load since
> > many mail clients do not show this error message at all.
> > (0x800Uloose)
>
> you will only get support requests from clients trying to forge
> other users email addresses, which is the expected behaviour

What about users testing some webservers-scripts or other
robot-jobs sending mails,
users who mistyped their From address,
users intended to send mail with forged from-address
(i.e. secretaries, bulk-mailer) ...

At the moment I reject MUA mails as well - but I'm not
happy with it and want to change this behaviour in the
next setup.

--
Greets
Frank