Re: [exim] lookup syntax reference

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Todd Lyons
CC: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] lookup syntax reference
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 1:50 AM, Peter Bowyer <peter@???> wrote:
>> I agree the exim doc is extensive.  I meant the syntax for lookups
>> wasn't or at least I can't find it.  Actually I just found it under
>> string expansions.  Sorry for making judgments so quickly I was in a bad
> I think a fair criticism of the Exim docs is that they're not
> immediately accessible for a new user who just wants to find out how
> to do something simple - that's the problem you came across. There's a

In my experience, I spend more time in Chapter 11 (String Expansions)
and followed closely by Chapter 40 (ACL's) than anywhere else.  To me
the separation of those chapters, more physically than logically, is
one of the biggest hindrances to comprehension of how to make exim do
what you want.  If they were physically closer together, maybe it
would make more sense.  But that's just my flawed interpretation.
--
Regards...      Todd
The best thing about pair programming is that you have the perfect