Re: [exim] preventing mailer-daemon collateral spam

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Todd Lyons
To: Jeff Lasman
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] preventing mailer-daemon collateral spam
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Jeff Lasman <blists@???> wrote:

> The problem appears to be that Mailer Daemons send back email to us even
> though our server isn't the sender, and the domain isn't on our server.
>
> My understanding is that exim will always accept mail from a Mailer
> Daemon, and I believe that what's happening is that mail is accepted by
> exim, and then since it's not deliverable on my server, exim attempts
> to send it to the valid MX for the domain.
>
> What ACL code can I use to refuse mail from a mailer-daemon if the
> recipient is not on our server?
>
> In which ACL section should I put the code.

You probably have in your acl_check_rcpt ACL:
accept senders = :
Which tells Exim to accept email from <>.

Assuming you have something at the top that sets a list of local domains:
domainlist local_domains = ${lookup mysql { SELECT ... } }

Then modify that accept ACL:
accept senders = :
           domains = +local_domains

Whether that's all you need kind of depends on what your config looks like.
--
Regards...      Todd
The best thing about pair programming is that you have the perfect