Re: [exim] Sending from multiple IP's

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sending from multiple IP's
Ben Hordijk wrote:

> I have got a mailserver running Exim 4.6. This server has 2 IP's.
>
> I would like to know how I can configure Exim to use 2 IP's instead of
> one. It would be very nice if all the mails, send by Exim, are divided
> over the 2 IP's (50/50).

If the two ips are 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2, in your smtp transport add this:

interface = ${extract{${eval:$tod_epoch%2+1}}{:}{1.1.1.1:2.2.2.2}}

It's not totally random, which ip is returned depends on whether or not
the number of seconds since the epoch is odd or even. If you add further
IPs to the list, make sure to change the "%2" to match the number

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/