Re: [exim] Use DNS then fall back to local delivery

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Wilson
To: Gregg Lain
CC: Exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Use DNS then fall back to local delivery
Hi Gregg,

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009, Gregg Lain wrote:

> I am setting up 2 VPS's for redundancy - I am trying to work this out:
>
> Primary - exim, its the first MX preference
> Secondary exim, second Mx preference + same local accounts as on Primary
>
> Looking to setup the following router that would be global
>
> mail arrives either locally or comes in that matches local user, then
> looks at DNS first to see where to deliver, sees that primary is on
> other server and off it goes. if the primary server was down, the second
> MX record points to this server, then the delivery is made there.
>
> I don't want to relay, but actually have it delivered - so that its
> readable during the primary server outage.

You might find some of the tricks from here useful:

http://tinderblog.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/backup-mail-exchangers/

You could probably use this ACL as-is, and just add your domains to
local_domains on the second MX, so that the default local_delivery router
will accept the emails.

Cheers, Chris.
--
\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig@???> Cambs UK |