Re: [exim] Trying build a logging system into mysql for the …

Author: Warren Baker
To: isolderj
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Trying build a logging system into mysql for the routers.
2009/10/5 <isolderj@???>

> Hi,
>
> I know I can get the info from other places in the dat acl section but I
> would like to know if it is possible for me to extract the info that is
> returned from the routers and put it into a mysql DB. The log line looks
> something like this. so is the DT= and the R= or the T= referencable inside
> of exim somewhere...
>
> Oct 5 08:51:08 <hostname> exim[PID]: 2009-10-05 08:51:08 <$message_id> =>
> <from_email_address> R=<router_name> T=<transport_name> S=<size>
> H=<hostname> [<ip number of hostname] C="250 OK id=1MuhPY-00056Z-Pg"
> DT=<delivery time>

Since Exim does not expose these logging strings, you can make use of
message_suffix and local_part_suffix to match your requirements.
So for example, the following setup on a transport:

appendfile_transport:
driver = appendfile
..
. (various other appendfile options)
message_suffix = ${lookup mysql{SOME_MYSQL_INSERT}{}{}}

A better option would be to use a log file tailer, like Exilog, and adapt it
to suit your needs and not rely on Exim directly.

.warren