Re: [exim] Trying build a logging system into mysql for the …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Trying build a logging system into mysql for the routers.
isolderj@??? wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know I can get the info from other places in the dat acl section but I
> would like to know if it is possible for me to extract the info that is
> returned from the routers and put it into a mysql DB. The log line looks
> something like this. so is the DT= and the R= or the T= referencable inside
> of exim somewhere...

Those log strings are built, (if asked for), and selection of where to log made in:

~ /src/deliver.c

Which is quit readable even for a non-programmer.

AFAICS, the variables are not 'exposed' - Exim just builds string(s) and appends
them to the log file(s), so you would need to either use exigrep or eximstats or
such to extract the info from the logs after-the-fact, ELSE code-in a tool to
[also | exclusively] pass a copy to an SQL insert clause.

Unless you have a near-real-time need to *act* on the information, parsing the
log after the fact and/or 'Tee' ing it for quasi-on-the-fly checking would seem
more sustainable / less hazardous - and less likely to interfere with the
daemon - than altering deliver.c

YMMV,

Bill Hacker