Re: [exim] temporary reject when ldap is down?

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Axel Thimm
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] temporary reject when ldap is down?
Hello,

Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when ldap breaks for some reason mails are rejected with unknown
> user. Is there a way to distinguish ldap lookup failures from ldap
> connection failures? I'd like to not permanently reject mails when
> ldap is down.

You probably have a deny when ldap fails. If you are using ldap to
manage system users, put a defer instead of a deny in the users check.
If you are using ldap to manage virtual users, you should also put a
defer on this check.
I cannot tell more without seeing your actual configuration.

Best Regards