Re: [exim] Send a maildir to exim to be sent

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Send a maildir to exim to be sent
On 30/09/2009, Ed Singleton <singletoned@???> wrote:
> However, I'm resending the messages in the end using a few lines of
> python. Turns out you can just iterate through a maildir and pass
> those off to a smtpserver instance. I used the To and From headers,
> assuming that they were correct to be the envelope headers.
>
> They seem to be happily going off (if not a bit slowly...)

This is unsafe practice.

I hope there are no mailing list messages in there - you'll be busily
re-distributing the messages back to the list they came from, assuming
standard mailing list header mungling (The 'To:' header is the list
address). And I'm sure there will be more examples of brokenness.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???