Re: [exim] sieve + maildir

Autor: Michael Haardt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] sieve + maildir
> I'm not an Exim expert and I must admit that I'm a bit lost in the wood
> of router, transports and drivers. But as far as I can see, when a mail
> goes through a Sieve filter, it ends up in a transport called
> address_file, while it should end up in one of the transports called
> address_directory or maildir_home (because the sieve filtering system
> returns address_file without trailing slash).
>
> I guess I could set directory to an appropriate value in the
> address_file transport, but that doesn't seem quite right. I have the
> impression that I somehow should be able to get the mail to pass through
> address_directory or maildir_home.

Sieve runs as part of a redirect router and generates file addresses.
File addresses are processed by the appendfile transport pointed to
by "file_transport" in the router. The file transport then decides
to use maildir delivery by using "maildir_format" and "directory".
The directory must be an absolute path, so qualify the relative file
addresses with a string expansion that uses "$address_file".

I suggest to read at least the introductional chapters of the manual to
understand how routers and transports work together and out of a sudden
the above will make sense.

Michael