Re: [exim] exim and sieve filters

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Roel Schroeven
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] exim and sieve filters
Mark de Vries schreef:
> Roel Schroeven wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We currently have a setup where exim delivers to Maildir, and each user
>> has a .forward with an exim filter. Users access their mail using
>> Thunderbird via IMAP (using dovecot). So far, everything is working fine.
>>
>> Now I'm looking for a way to automatically label all new mails in one
>> specific account so they appear as 'to do' in Thunderbird (I can't do
>> that in Thunderbird itself since it's a shared account that's used from
>> different client machines). As far as I can see, that cannot be done in
>> an exim filter, but it can be done in a sieve filter using addflag
>> "$label4".
>
> So, to avoid confusion, you are using a sieve filter in dovecot, and not
> the exim sieve filter capabilities, right? If so...

No, I'm trying to use a the sieve filter from exim, not from dovecot.
Though I'm starting to think that it might be best to switch to dovecot
for delivering and filtering mail.

> You could probably set up your routers in such a way that messages for
> which the exim filter set up delivery are passed to your appendfile
> transport and the rest is routed to a transport that uses the LDA from
> dovecot... (Assuming dovecot will play nice when using different
> delivery methods simultaneously. Don't know dovecot, so I can't say.)

We have less than a dozen accounts, so in the end it's not that
difficult to convert all filters to sieve if needed, and do everything
via the dovecot delivery agent. I'm going to have to look into that, or
perhaps other alternatives.

> P.S.
>
>> (we're using exim 4.63-17 on Debian etch)
>
> If you want something newer, there's 4.69 in backports.

Good to know, thanks for that.

--
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
faster than society gathers wisdom.

Roel Schroeven