Re: [exim] Exim Server Sending From Different IPs

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Todd Lyons
Para: Andrew Rosolino, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Exim Server Sending From Different IPs
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Alain Williams <addw@???> wrote:
>> Is it possible to have the exim server randomly choose an IP address to send
>> its mail from?
> The wrong solution, if they see lots of email they will still delay.

Correct.

> delayed message gives a URL (check your log files). Fill in a web form for bulk mailers
> (the yahoo one is a complete pain - IIRC) and it eventually gets better. I now
> (6 months on) have few problems sending to these hosts - the pain lasted about a month or so.

Exactly the same experience from here. Answer all the questions for
the bulk sender request form and specify what kind of traffic comes
from what IP or IP's and you. (bulk in this case does not mean spam,
it means a lot).

If you have the ability, I suggest you consider separating your email by type:
IP 1 - smtp auth email
IP 2 - webmail
IP 3 - forwarded email
IP 4 - locally generated email (invoices, newsletters from you, etc)

This kind of information is very useful to the engineers you deal
with.  It shows that you have some semblance of clue and it allows
them to more accurately gauge the type of email coming at them and how
they want to handle it (ie more strict spam filtering on forwarded
email, things like that).
--
Regards...      Todd