Re: [exim] Mimicing Postfix configs?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jan Johansson
Para: Dave Evans, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Mimicing Postfix configs?
>OK. I'm not sure if you're still seeking advice from this list, but if
you are, you might want to explain your requirements more >fully,
because saying "many domains" and "re-parse the data" and "short-cuts"
doesn't adequately explain what to me what you're >seeking.

>For example: how many domains?

About 700

>How many local-parts per domain?

Between 2 (yes, 2, not 2000) and 11000 users. (And yes, their current
system DOES dump everything into two control files)

>Are the lists of local-parts in fact identical for all domains?

No, completey unique (Of course the same name/email MAY appear in many
domains).

>What is it about the method I proposed which won't work for you (you

say "because we are talking about many domains", but so >what?).

To be perfectly honest, if I could help them out without having to spend
hours fixing code to make their megalist into something that my
exim-environment can easily digest, I'll simply not offer up my
environment as an intermediate solution. Then again, it may be easier to
drop everything into a mySQL-database, because then I would only have to
maintain one data source.

>How many lookups a second do you expect?

Just over a million mail per 24hrs.

>How often do the lists change?

Truthfully, not very often, I think less than 50 changes/day.

>Where do the lists come from?

Generated by a "black box" solution on their current infrastructure.
Dumped into a directory where it may be fetched with FTP.

--
Meddelandet har kontrollerats mot virus samt skadligt
inneh?ll av MailScanner och f?rmodas vara s?kert.