Re: [pcre-dev] regular expression

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: rinku buragohain
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] regular expression

On 20 Sep 2009, at 07:36, rinku buragohain wrote:

>    Can you tell me how a regular expression can decode a  XOR
> eccrypted
> payload.ex:

It can't (other than using something like a perl expression).

However you can match a string that happens to be the result of a
base64 encoding of the required source string. If the string may be
at a variable offset within the base 64 encoding, you may need
multiple sections within the pattern to match the different byte
offsets (probably up to a total of 8 variants).

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]