Re: [exim] trying to use 'pipe' in an exim filter, but not w…

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] trying to use 'pipe' in an exim filter, but not working
Jeffrey 'jf' Lim <jfs.world@???> (So 13 Sep 2009 19:27:48 CEST):
> I've got a system_filter file, which I've verified that exim does indeed
> refer to, but somehow the 'pipe' just does not seem to work. Can anybody
> debug why?
>
> == system_filter ==
> # Exim filter
> if $sender_address does not end "@gmail.com" and $h_to contains "
> test@???" then
>         fail "sending not allowed."
> endif
> if $h_to contains "test@???" then
>         unseen pipe "/usr/local/mailserver/process.sh"
> endif
> ========

> I've tried at various times playing with the first "if", and yes, I do get
> the fail message when the conditions match (so I know exim is loading the
> filter). But whenever I get pass the first "if" (like in this case, sending
> from "@gmail.com" to "test@???", the pipe just does not seem to be
> triggered.
>
> ==== process.sh ========
> #!/bin/sh
> tmp=`mktemp`
> cat > $tmp
> echo "sometext" >/tmp/foo
> ===============
>
> The message gets sent to the inbox of the test account, but process.sh does
> not run? (There is nothing in /tmp)

o As mentioned in some other mail: process.sh is executable by the
exim user?

o You are sure, /tmp/foo is writable for the exim user?

o You've set system_filter_pipe_transport?

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -