Re: [exim] Exim selinux errors with F11

Autor: John Horne
A: Exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim selinux errors with F11
On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 19:13 +0100, John Horne wrote:

> If you follow it through, and through the exim source code, it is
> calling 'statvfs/statfs' to determine the amount of space left in the
> spool directory (it will do the same if you check the number of inodes).
>
> To do this, as far as I can tell, statvfs looks in /proc/mounts for the
> mounted partitions and stats each one. In my case I
> have /boot, /isos, /backups and /vmware as separate partitions. Hence it
> stats each of them, and this in turn throws up the selinux error.
>
> Having commented out the relevant option from the config file, I am
> still seeing selinux errors though. So, on with a bit more debugging...

Okay, I have reset my personal 3 partitions to have the same selinux
context as /usr (there's nothing important in them, so it was fine to do
this). This has stopped the messages for those partitions. Messages
for /boot are still occurring, and it seems this is because exim does a
space check whenever a message being sent uses the SIZE option on the
SMTP MAIL command.

I think this problem should go back over to the Fedora list now. We know
what exim is up to, and is acting reasonably, but selinux is giving an
error when exim looks at /boot. That needs to be sorted out.

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001