Re: [exim] Conditional Address Verification in ACLs

Autor: Phil Pennock
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Conditional Address Verification in ACLs
On 2009-09-07 at 19:33 +0100, Toby Bryans wrote:
> The basic 'logic' goes something like this:
>
> * Sender check against AD is OK then do recepient verification against
> * DNS
> and deliver.
>
> * Sender check against AD is not OK then do recepient verification
> * against
> AD, but not DNS as we only want to know about the AD.
>
> * If that AD check is OK then deliver, if not then deny.
>
> I'm not sure how possible that is but my brain is going round in loops
> at the moment so I'm going to sleep on it. Thank you for your help so
> far!

You might (no guarantees) get somewhere if you create a sub-ACL
referenced from the RCPT ACL, where the sub-ACL can use "accept" on both
of your acceptable conditions and otherwise uses a final "deny". Rework
things to be in ACL logic. Think carefully about multiple-recipient
mails.

-Phil