[exim-dev] Exim documentation

Author: John Horne
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Exim documentation
Hello,

Any of you with the O'Reilly Exim version 3 book may have read my name
in the Acknowledgments as one of the readers for the book, and Philip
Hazel's comments that I 'proof-read' several versions of the Exim
specification.

I have very much been tied up with other projects since just before
Philip retired, but I am now considering leaving one project. As such, I
am wondering if this project wanted someone to take on some of the
documentation tasks - I'm not sure what though!

If you are happy for me to take a look at the Exim docs, then please let
me know.

One of the problems I had when helping Philip was that I had to note
down, literally on paper, each of the mistakes I found, and then type
them into a message which got sent off to Philip. He then updated the
actual docs. To me this was duplication of work, and I would hope that
it would now be possible to update the docs directly (something similar
to using CVS to update source code?).

I have no idea how the docs are handled (i.e. what software is used,
etc), and it may well be that I need to dig through some of Philips last
emails to see what happened.

As an introductory gift(!), this lists 'Welcome' message has a mistake
in it :-) It states: