Re: [exim] Want to fail a manualroute

Author: Alain Williams
To: Dean Brooks
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Want to fail a manualroute
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:47:31AM -0400, Dean Brooks wrote:

> Remember that routers are also used to verify addresses. So, if you
> create an ACL that does:
>
> deny !verify = recipient

I have:

      require verify = recipient

Which I think means much of the same thing - although I do have to confess
that a '!' in an ACL makes my head hurt; doing ACL checks *except* in
some situations confuses me. A group of us were talking about some potted examples
in the wiki a fortnight ago - some ACL ones would be good.

> Then you've accomplished the same thing while still using routers. I can't
> remember off the top of my head if you'll need a "fail_verify" on your
> catch-all (to tell the verify ACL statement to fail if the catch-all is
> executed). The :fail: may make it work correctly anyway, but if not,
> then you can add fail_verify to your schoolAdminFail router.

No -- it looks automatic. I've been looking at the docs, fail_verfiy is a kind of
inverse -- if the router accepts the address, then verification fails:

    -fail_verify-Use: routers-Type: boolean-Default: false-

    Setting this option has the effect of setting both fail_verify_sender and
    fail_verify_recipient to the same value.

    -fail_verify_recipient-Use: routers-Type: boolean-Default: false-

    If this option is true and an address is accepted by this router when verifying
    a recipient, verification fails.

Regards

--
Alain Williams