Re: [exim] Want to fail a manualroute

Author: Alain Williams
To: Dean Brooks
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Want to fail a manualroute
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:03:51AM -0400, Dean Brooks wrote:

> So, first thing is to remove the no_more from the schoolAdmin router.
>
> Then, you can simply add another router right below your schoolAdmin
> router that reads:
>
> schoolAdminFail:
> driver = redirect
> domains = some.school
> allow_fail
> data = :fail: unknown user
> no_more

Brilliant - many thanks. I have tested it and it works.

I had hoped to avoid an extra router, but if that is what it takes ...

As a matter of interest, in acl_check_rcpt: I did have (at one point) the
following. Any comment as to if it is better/...
I doubt that it will be significantly faster.
One reason for not putting it in an ACL is that the decision of a
user being acceptable is only in once place (the routers) and so better
from a docmentation point of view.

  # accept known users only:
     accept domains = some.school
            recipients = lsearch;/etc/exim/admin_users
  # reject anything else:
     deny   domains = some.school

--
Alain Williams