Re: [exim] Aide

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Mihamina (R12y) Rakotomandimby, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Aide

--On 20 August 2009 21:19:54 +0300 "Mihamina (R12y) Rakotomandimby"
<mihamina@???> wrote:

> On 08/20/2009 07:47 PM, bisdiouf@??? wrote:
>> Bonjour,
>
> What's the problem with answering in english?

Usually, one's comprehension of a second language is better than one's
expression in that language. So, it isn't uncommon for people to conduct
conversations like this. This bilingual thread has worked well so far -
I've understood the questions but could not possibly have composed a reply
in French. I've seen other cases on this list where the English used has
been incomprehensible to me.

>> Merci pour votre aide mais j'utilise la version de exim qui est
>> préinstallé avec le système Redhat Entreprise 5 et j'ai les
>> paramètres énumérés et ils sont ainsi configurés.
>>
>> smtp_ratelimit_mail = 2,0.5s,1.5125,4m
>> smtp_ratelimit_rcpt = 5,0.5s,1.025,4m
>>
>> Je voudrais une compréhension plus large de ces valeurs.
>

> What's the problem with searching a bit?
> Found in 2 second searching with:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=smtp_ratelimit_mail
> "
>    smtp_ratelimit_mail = 2,0.5s,1.05,4m
>    smtp_ratelimit_rcpt = 4,0.25s,1.015,4m

>    The first setting specifies delays that are
>    applied to MAIL commands after two messages
>    have been received over a single connection.
>    The initial delay is 0.5 seconds, increasing
>    by a factor of 1.05 each time.
>    The second setting applies delays to
>    RCPT commands when more than four occur
>    in a single message.
> "

> Nothing more clear...

But, also note: this is only helpful when messages are sent on the same
connection. So, it is not usually useful for controlling spam. For that,
you would need the rate limit controls of Exim 4.6 or later.

You should be able to install the current version of Exim on Redhat.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex