Re: [exim] "Relaying not permitted" with Mailman.

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Phil Pennock
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Bill Hayles
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] "Relaying not permitted" with Mailman.
On 2009-08-20 at 11:35 +0200, Bill Hayles wrote:
> This is my /etc/hosts. I haven't altered it in any way.

> 127.0.0.1       localhost
> # special IPv6 addresses
> ::1             localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

So localhost can resolve to ::1.

And I was wrong to suggest that the order of entries in /etc/hosts might
make a difference. It doesn't matter that ::1 came second here. If the
host prefers IPv6 in the address-ordering results of gethostbyname(),
::1 will come first.

I somewhat suspect that this is what went wrong. Mailman was connecting
to localhost, was trying ::1 before 127.0.0.1, Exim accepted the
connection and the relaying was denied because you had provided an
incomplete list of local IPs to the relay_from_hosts hostlist
definition. An easy mistake to make, perhaps the default entry should
be changed too. I'll file a bug.

If this wasn't the cause, pass.

-Phil