Re: [exim] "Relaying not permitted" with Mailman.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Bill Hayles
Aan: Exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] "Relaying not permitted" with Mailman.
Hi, Kyle and Andrew,

Before you read further I have sorted this. However, for the possible
benefit of others I've added the error at the end.

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:27:16 -0400 in message 20090819142716.GA3402@???,
from Kyle Dippery <kyle@???> received here at 19/08/2009 16:57:01
It was said:

> I think you need to add "lists.craybox.com" to your local_domains list:
>
> domainlist local_domains = @ : lists.craybox.com

I tried that previously; it makes no difference.

Andrew wrote:

> >   require verify        = sender

> >   accept  hosts         = +relay_from_hosts
> >           control       = submission

> I bet removing the control line will fix it.

> I would also suggest changing the following line from
>
> hostlist relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : 172.26.0.2 : ....

> hostlist relay_from_hosts = : 127.0.0.1 : 172.26.0.2 : ....
>
> Which will allow locally sent emails to pass through.

Neither of those made any difference.

The problem was in my *Mailman* configuration!

There is a parameter:

MAILMAN_SMTPHOST

I had this set to "localhost" rather than "local". Just a typo (probably
typed "localhost" wi8thout thinking) but a significant one.

Changing that has put (as far as I can see) everything right.

Thanks for your help and very fast response.

--
'Tis far better to have snipped too much than to never
have snipped at all. -- (author unknown)