Re: [exim] Block outgoing to specific domain

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ian Eiloart
Aan: Jeremy Harris, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Block outgoing to specific domain

--On 18 August 2009 21:25:47 +0100 Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:

> On 08/18/2009 07:03 PM, Chump Chumpster wrote:
>> I was wondering if there's a simple way to block outgoing mail to a
>> specific domain such as aol.com hotmail.com etc. I'd like to do this for
>> all users, in the case that there's a complaint that we need to
>> investigate and hold all email to that domain for the interim.
>
> deny    domains = aol.com : hotmail.com
>         message = This destination is on hold.

> (probably somewhere in your rcpt-to ACL)
>
> - Jeremy

That will work, if your users' mail clients handle rejection properly. Many
don't, and it's often better to bounce than to reject at SMTP time when you
know that the sender is a locally authenticated user. We only reject at
SMTP time on our MSA when we can't authenticate the user, or when they're
using an undeliverable or forbidden sender address.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex